Wednesday, February 5, 2014

More on Kidblog Commenting & Wordly Wise Practice

A few comments about commenting (on Kidblog)
I was very happy to see that a lot of you are reading each other's posts and providing comments and showing interest in blogging!  Either Mr. Rook, Mrs. Seaton or I must approve your Comments before they go up on Kidblog.  I read through your comments yesterday and I decided not to approve comments that had the following:
  • Less than 3 words
  • More than 3 exclamation points
  • Just saying "Hi"
The following are some suggestions for improving your Comments

1. Please add more detail. I would appreciate it a lot. Make sure you also include one positive statement in your comment, such as "I enjoyed your post but I wanted to know more about what happened."
2. I’d want to live there!  Include WHY you want to live there.  What was it about the dream that was so appealing?  Give specific details, ask questions.
3. i want to be tucker  Tell your classmate WHY you want to be Tucker. 

Things to INCLUDE  in a Comment
  • This made me think about when ..... (I can relate to this because....)
  • This made me wonder why...
  • I was confused by....
  • Another thing to consider is....
  • I agree with you BECAUSE, or, I really liked your post BECAUSE....


If you have not finished your Small Steps book report, please open Google Drive and finish editing it.  If you are finished with the book report, open Quizlet in order to practice the vocabulary in Lesson 7 of Wordly Wise.  Click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment